Please see below for a list of online requests for alumni on OPT, STEM OPT and Academic Training that may be completed using the OISS Portal.
Note: This page is for students who have completed their program at Northwestern. Current students with activated NetIDs may view online request options and login here.
If you graduated December 2018 or before, you will not use your NetID to access your account. Please contact our office at email@example.com to have your password reset.
- SEVP Portal - a portal for F-1 students on OPT to report employment, address changes, etc. to meet legal reporting requirements.
- OPT/STEM OPT Employer Update - report employment on OPT (if you are unable to use the SEVP Portal) and report employment and updated Form I-983 on STEM OPT.
- STEM OPT Extension - apply for an extension that allows F-1 students on OPT in approved STEM fields to apply for 24 months of additional OPT (students may apply 90 days before OPT end date).
- Report STEM OPT Participation - report your 6-month, 12-month, 18-month, or 24-month participation on STEM OPT and upload your 12-month and 24-month annual evaluations.
- I-20 Reprint Request - request a reprint if you need a new I-20 due to travel, updated employment information, or because your copy was lost or destroyed. Please note: when you are on OPT, your travel signature is only valid for six months from the date signed.
- Add Dependent Request - for students planning to bring a spouse or dependent to the U.S.
- Transfer Out (F-1) - if you are on OPT or STEM OPT and are transferring to another institution in the U.S.